- Hey Mama Movement Limited (“Hey Mama”) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable New Zealand privacy laws, namely the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
- “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual. Hey Mama has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant New Zealand privacy laws.
- This policy also forms part of Hey Mama’s Terms and Conditions for use of this website.
Why does Hey Mama collect my personal information?
- Hey Mama collects and holds your personal information to allow Hey Mama to perform its business functions. Examples of such functions include allowing individuals to participate [optimise what is provided for clients, newsletters], Hey Mama promotions, Hey Mama competitions or to allow Hey Mama to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information will Hey Mama hold about me?
- During the course of its business, Hey Mama may collect personal information from you. The types of personal information Hey Mama collects will depend on the nature of your interactions with Hey Mama and may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Date of birth;
- Contact details;
- Your image;
- Your product preferences and purchase history; and/or
- Any information that you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys.
How will Hey Mama collect my personal information?
- Hey Mama will endeavour to collect personal information directly from you. Such collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Hey Mama;
- Participate in a competition or promotion conducted by Hey Mama;
- Participate in a survey by Hey Mama;
- Purchase any products, tickets or merchandise from Hey Mama;
- Access or request information from Hey Mama; or
- Provide information to Hey Mama’s customer contact service centre.
- Hey Mama will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Hey Mama use my personal information?
- Hey Mama uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected which may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing you with the Hey Mama goods and services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Hey Mama’s current and future products and services;
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Hey Mama considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting surveys and research concerning Hey Mama’s current and future products or services; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Hey Mama’s website and Hey Mama’s general standard of service.
- Hey Mama may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Hey Mama collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
- If Hey Mama uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Hey Mama will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If Hey Mama uses personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that Hey Mama provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, Hey Mama will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Hey Mama Customer Enquiries Privacy Statement
- Hey Mama will use the personal information you provide in writing to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the correspondence in response to your query or complaint.
Will Hey Mama give my personal information to any third parties?
- In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Hey Mama may be required to disclose your personal information to Hey Mama’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including, but not limited to, promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services.
- If Hey Mama provides your personal information to such a party, Hey Mama generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Hey Mama does. Please note that New Zealand law may not apply to some of these entities.
- Hey Mama may disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under applicable law.
Is my personal information held by Hey Mama secure?
- Hey Mama takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
- It must be noted that no data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Hey Mama over the internet, including via email, is sent at your own risk.
What are my rights of access and correction of my personal information held by Hey Mama?
- The accuracy of your personal information is important. Hey Mama takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Hey Mama holds about you is incorrect, please contact us by way of email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have a general right to access the personal information Hey Mama holds about you. You may contact us by way of email at email@example.com to request details of your personal information. Hey Mama reserves the right to deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. Hey Mama will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Hey Mama’s needs and your needs.
- While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Hey Mama holds about you, Hey Mama reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
- You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Hey Mama holds about you. You may do so by way of email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hey Mama does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy claim?
- If you:
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Hey Mama’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached New Zealand privacy laws,
Please contact us by way of email at email@example.com.
- We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Hey Mama will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
- For more information, please visit http://www.privacy.org.nz/.
Copyright © 2020 Hey Mama Movement Limited. All rights reserved.